Friday, September 30, 2011

Test on Rhetorical Devices/Terms: (refer to your handout on tropes and schemes) on Friday, 14 October. I suggest you make up "flash-cards" to prepare for this assessment which will consist of sentence completion-not simply matching a term with its definition-that would make the test too easy. Carefully, "study" each example, reflecting back upon the definition.

I am sure many of you are asking, "Why now Diedrich?" Perhaps, the answer is not as obvious as you may think, but it became rather obvious as I was examining the words and phrases underlined in your speeches.
Too many of you randomly underlined "anything"- which is my fault- since I did not require you to provide a label for what was underlined in the margins of your Apology Speech. Please do not approach me "apologizing" for committing this action.

I suggest you also check out the "side-bar" flash-card link for a variety of other rhetorical devices/terms we will be studying.