Sunday, September 18, 2011

Schedule for Week of 19 September:

We will complete Socrates' Apology AND then immediately proceed to YOUR APOLOGY Speech Preparation. You should by NOW have notes written-out (refer to the handout for specific instructions-focus on creating an outline, paying special attention to your Rhetorical Appeals Triangle. DO NOT enter the classroom on Monday (G Band) or on Tuesday (A and B Band) with a "blank" sheet of paper!

Since the project is broken down into component parts that you will turn in to me, we will NOT begin the presentations until Monday, 26 September. Be prepared-practice in front of a mirror and/or with family members or friends.

Evaluating your Summer Reading Assignment is taking me considerably longer than I had anticipated. Most of you could probably come close to your project grade on each of the four assignments. I have been creating a list of the strengths and weaknesses of what was turned-in-this I will share with you soon. If you complied with the specific requirements provided, you have done well. Unfortunately, to my amazement, too many students completed the assignment haphazardly-not following the directions-perhaps, waiting to the last minute-becoming overwhelmed with what was required...

Friday, 23 September: SAT Vocabulary Test-List 2 (sven words from this list-study ALL thirty-and three words from List 1 (5 minutes). Almost everyone received a 100% on List 1.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! I realize that many of you desired to submit a project with an attractive appearance-BUT in the future-NO MORE SHEET PROTECTORS! This may sound "petty" but I am spending too much time removing your work so I can record comments, as well as, the grade on the assignment. Then, I must return your work inside the sheet protector. You are probably laughing at this-but try it some time!



This week I will survey the class to determine how many of you will require the school store to place your order for the resource indicated below. You will receive a better price if you order it yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/Language-Questions-Advanced-Placement-Examinations/dp/0071753680/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316361742&sr=8-1