Saturday, October 29, 2011

PLEASE NOTE: Do not become discouraged by your score on the first Timed-Write. The average grade was an 85%-not too many grades of 90% or above. Your timed-write will be returned when the absent students have responded to the prompt. If you were absent, you have until Tuesday afternoon (11/1) to complete the response. I do expect an absence note. Furthermore, those absent on Friday also have until that day to do the same for the Group Test on The Great Gatsby.By the way, you may take the test-as a group-with other absent students-only four students per group. Recall my policy-you have two days to complete any test -once you return to school- I will then remove the "0" from Jupiter grades and enter your score.

The results for The Great Gatsby Group Test should NOT disappoint you. I deducted 3 points for each incorrect response and then added 6 points to your final score. (32 questions x 3=96) Sadly, several students did NOT collaborate with members of their group; they simply recorded the responses-I took note of these students. You know who you are-regrettably, I should have spoken to you privately!