Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Reading Directly From the Smart-Board...

I am at a loss for words...What puzzles me most of all is that this was the most common comment listed under "Grows" on your Student Evaluations-yet, this was the most common infraction for too many of you. There is some "irony" in this. I wonder what that could be? Since we have spent several class sessions observing the student presentations, I wonder why those who did not present were not more prepared? Imagine-you sat in your seat noting your classmates reading directing from the board-without making eye-contact-yet, you engaged in the same act when called upon to present...(Practice at home, use notes, use index cards-but to read directly...).

For the next presentation (last-marking period), I will request that you return to your seat if you begin reading directly from the board. Naturally, one-full letter grade will be deducted from your
presentation when you do present.