Friday, December 13, 2013

Please be advised that the score you received on The Great Gatsby essay was "calculated" based upon the rubric you examined during the writing of the in-class essay. As you know, the maximum of "95" is equivalent to an "A+". Not too many students received this score and not too many students received a "90" which is equivalent to an "A". Many students did indeed received an "85" which is equivalent to a "B+"-a respectable grade. Also, please be advised that I read EVERY word you write, I do not simply place a "check" or a "check +" on your paper and then randomly assign a grade equivalent. Furthermore, do not send me an email demanding to know why you may have received an "85" on an essay, expecting me to respond with specific details. Actually, I provided feedback involving the criteria I used to determine your grade. Recall, how I EMPHASIZED that all must follow the structure for this essay that was "outlined" for you on the PROMPT essay assignment sheet? Needless to say, those who did NOT comply with my directive did not write an "organized-structured-coherent" essay, and therefore, did NOT receive a "90" or a "95". You will have access to these essays next week so that you are able to recognize what must be done to receive a higher grade on essays.