Saturday, January 1, 2011

Schedule for Week of 3 January

Happy New Year! (A reminder-NYS English Regents is on Tuesday, 11 January at 8:45; bring at least two black/blue ink pens-no designer ink-highlighters/pencils for annotating text, if desired-which is recommended by Diedrich.)

NOTE: Check-out the two power-points that appear below-you will have to click-on older posts for documentary film analysis and camera shots.

I am sure you have noticed the "mini-research" argumentative essay assignment that appears below. "No, I have not forgotten about the satire writing assignment." We will probably read two additional satires prior to you receiving the task.

For this week, you will be presenting your analysis of a Documentary Film. I do not know exactly how many days this will take since I will request written feedback from all class members (Constructive criticism-Be honest). Volunteers to present "first" will be given extra-credit. Refer to blog posts that appear below and to your handouts in preparation for your presentations.

BE ADVISED THAT THROUGHOUT THE WEEK DURING 371/2 MINUTES TUTORIAL- ENGLISH TEACHERS WILL BE PROVIDING TUTORING FOR THE ENGLISH REGENTS. I will be providing tutoring on Friday, 7 January from 2:30 to 4:00. I encourage you to visit other teachers-you do not have to be "their" student. You may also bring a friend (not your "posse") to my tutorial (Seating is limited-I will close the door once the room fills-up).